CDM Smith Supports One America Appeal Through Employee Wellness Program
HOUSTON – Participants in CDM Smith’s employee wellness program selected One America Appeal as one of the charities for the firm to support in the last quarter of 2017. Jason Venier, CDM Smith client service leader, presented a check for $25,000 to this nonprofit organization at CDM Smith’s Houston office on February 26, 2018. One America Appeal was represented by David Jones, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the George Bush Presidential Library.
One America Appeal was established last year by the five former Presidents of the United States for the sole purpose of raising funds to benefit hurricane survivors and their families. One America Appeal recently announced that they raised $42 million as of December 31, 2017, for those affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. The donation ceremony took place in Houston, a city directly affected by Hurricane Harvey last fall.
CDM Smith’s wellness program supports and recognizes employees, as well as their spouses and partners for healthy behaviors and accomplishments, with the overall goal of a healthier, more productive, happy and focused workforce. Employees participate in onsite biometric screenings, team challenges, races and exercise classes, and track behaviors that contribute to their overall wellbeing. The firm sets quarterly points goals for participants to strive for, resulting in charitable donations of up to $50,000 per quarter.
On February 13, 2017, The Jack McGovern Coats’ Disease Foundation was chosen as the first recipient of the fourth quarter donations and was presented a $25,000 check by Tim Wall, Chairman and CEO, in the firm’s Boston office. The ceremony, which was live-streamed on CDM Smith’s Facebook page, was an opportunity to recognize all the organizations benefitted by the firm’s wellness program in 2017.
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service engineering and construction firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
- 2017 Q1 - EWB and Alzheimer’s Association
- 2017 Q2 - American Cancer Society, Make-A-Wish and SFH
- 2017 Q3 - Meals on Wheels and WWP
- 2017 Q3 - Centro ESPIBI in the Aftermath of Hurricane Maria
- 2017 Q4 - Jack McGovern Coats' Disease Foundation
- 2017 Q4 - One America Appeal
- 2018 Q1 - Tunnel to Towers and Janie's Fund
- 2018 Q2 - Bottom Line and Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- 2018 Q3 - Rosie's Place and AdoptAClassroom.org
- 2018 Q4 - Darkness to Light, Sacramento Splash and Powerhouse Science Center
- 2019 Q2 - United Way and 4 Paws for Ability
- 2019 Q4 - Family Promise, BlazeAid and BCA