CDM Smith Donates to United Way Virginia Beach Tragedy Fund and 4 Paws for Ability
Boston, MA – Participants in CDM Smith’s employee wellness program made two more donations possible as part of the firm’s award-winning wellness program. CDM Smith selected the United Way of South Hampton Roads as the recipient of $25,000. Employees participating in the wellness program voted to give $25,000 to 4 Paws for Ability.
Unthinkable events forever changed the Virginia Beach community, directly impacting our client and our employees, tragically affecting the lives of people and friends we work with every day. While we are doing everything we can locally to assist our client and colleagues in recovering from this tragedy, the entire CDM Smith family came together and wanted to do more. In response to this desire to help, CDM Smith donated the second quarter Executive Leadership Team donation of $25,000 to the United Way of South Hampton Roads Virginia Beach Tragedy Fund.
The second organization to receive a donation was 4 Paws for Ability, in the amount of $25,000. 4 Paws for Ability enriches the lives of children with disabilities by training and placing quality, task-trained service dogs. This provides increased independence for the children and assistance to their families. The organization also works with veterans from recent conflicts who have lost the use of their limbs or their hearing while in active combat.
The firm’s wellness program rewards employees, spouses and partners for healthy behaviors and accomplishments, with the overall goal of a healthier, more productive, happy and focused workforce. Employees participate in onsite biometric screenings, team challenges, races and exercise classes, and track behaviors that contribute to their overall well-being. The firm sets quarterly goals for participants to strive for, resulting in charitable donations of up to $50,000 per quarter.
CDM Smith is a privately owned engineering and construction firm providing legendary client service and smart solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities. Passionate about our work and invested in each other, we are inspired to think and driven to solve the world’s environmental and infrastructure challenges.
- Feeding America, NMSI, Nepal Book Drive and MISS Foundation
- AdoptAClassroom.org and HomeAid American
- Family Promise, BlazeAid and BCA
- United Way and 4 Paws for Ability
- Darkness to Light, Sacramento Splash and Powerhouse Science Center
- Rosie's Place and AdoptAClassroom.org
- Bottom Line and Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- Tunnel to Towers and Janie's Fund
- Jack McGovern Coats' Disease Foundation
- One America Appeal
- Centro ESPIBI in the Aftermath of Hurricane Maria
- Meals on Wheels and WWP
- American Cancer Society, Make-A-Wish and SFH
- EWB and Alzheimer’s Association
- Girls Garage and WSU Tech Foundation
- STEM for Her and National Kidney Donation Organization