CDM Smith will be a global water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities firm committed to exceptional client service to improve the environment and infrastructure.
To achieve our vision, we will be:
- Pre-eminent in the eyes of clients by delivering the right total solutions and setting the standard for exceptional value and service.
- The employer of choice by providing superior opportunities for the best people in the industry.
- A full-service, global firm that is financially strong and growing through the business and technical performance of our people.
Our Commitment to Quality
Quality - Excellence delivered—is achieved through CDM Smith's culture of high expectations and our rigorous program of quality management through leadership, processes and training.
- Responsible for leading quality management at CDM Smith, Chief Quality Officer Douglas Updike reports directly to the President. He leads a network of quality managers in all business units who inspire, manage, and audit quality and client satisfaction in all our work.
- CDM Smith adheres to a rigorous and comprehensive quality management program, with detailed quality manuals, project technical reviews, and continuous quality monitoring for the life of the project. We gather feedback through client audits and satisfaction surveys, and share lessons learned as a process for continuous improvement.
- Through CDM Smith University (accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training), we provide rigorous training and certification for our client sales leaders, project managers, technical professionals, and administrative staff. Our technical professionals also collaborate through a discipline-based network, conducting research and development and sharing knowledge and best practices across the firm.
Facts About CDM Smith
75 State Street
Boston, MA 02109 USA
Tel: + 1.617.452.6000
Fax: + 1.617.345.3901
- in 1947 as a partnership; incorporated in 1970.
- More than 5,000 employees working from offices worldwide.
- CDM Smith is employee owned, instilling pride in our work and allowing us the freedom and independence to put our clients first. CDM Smith will remain a privately owned firm, free to determine our own direction, committed to building a stronger enterprise for each future generation.
- CDM Smith provides services through the following major business units: North America Unit; Federal Services Unit; and International Unit. These units are supported by the Technical Services Unit and the Construction Unit—all working together to deliver integrated engineering and construction services worldwide.
- CDM Smith offers full services—consulting, engineering, construction and operations—across the project life cycle in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities.