BOSTON—Participants in CDM Smith’s employee wellness program made $50,000 in charitable donations possible as part of the firm’s award-winning Wellness Program. CDM Smith gave $25,000 each to Girls Garage and WSU Tech Foundation.
“We’re proud to support these organizations whose missions advance global diversity, equity and inclusion in society and align with our firm’s values,” said Carlos Echalar, CDM Smith Chief Human Resources Officer.
Here’s how the donations are making an impact…
Founded in 2013, Girls Garage is the first-ever design and construction school for girls and gender-expansive youth in the United States. Through after-school and summer pathways, Girls Garage provides free and low-cost programs in carpentry, welding, architecture, engineering, and activist art to a diverse community of 280 girls per year. CDM Smith employees’ contribution of $25,000 will underwrite the high-caliber, no-cost design and construction program for high school girls and gender-expansive youth.
WSU Tech Foundation
The WSU Tech Foundation cultivates partnerships to support the mission of the college, removing financial barriers and empowering students for the advancement of their lives and our region. The WSU Tech Foundation helps to change the lives of students through scholarships, emergency loans and other student-focused initiatives. CDM Smith’s $25,000 donation will help fund their construction science program that will strengthen local workforce and offer diversified career paths for students.
Our Wellness Program’s Impact since 2017…
CDM Smith is a privately owned engineering and construction firm providing legendary client service and smart solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities. Passionate about our work and invested in each other, we are inspired to think and driven to solve the world’s environmental and infrastructure challenges.
- Feeding America, NMSI, Nepal Book Drive and MISS Foundation
- AdoptAClassroom.org and HomeAid American
- Family Promise, BlazeAid and BCA
- United Way and 4 Paws for Ability
- Darkness to Light, Sacramento Splash and Powerhouse Science Center
- Rosie's Place and AdoptAClassroom.org
- Bottom Line and Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- Tunnel to Towers and Janie's Fund
- Jack McGovern Coats' Disease Foundation
- One America Appeal
- Centro ESPIBI in the Aftermath of Hurricane Maria
- Meals on Wheels and WWP
- American Cancer Society, Make-A-Wish and SFH
- EWB and Alzheimer’s Association
- Girls Garage and WSU Tech Foundation