CDM Smith Online Privacy Statement
Your entry of information on our websites constitutes your acknowledgement of receipt of this Privacy Statement.
What’s covered by this Privacy Statement
Any CDM Smith website which links to this Privacy Statement is covered by this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement does not cover, and we are not responsible for third-party websites or applications that may be linked from our websites as described in the Links to Other Websites and Third Parties section of this Privacy Statement. These websites are hosted and maintained within the United States.
Information We Collect
We and our Service Providers may collect information that you provide us voluntarily or that you have consented to for its collection. When you interact with us online, register or inquire for a service, such as when you provide us with certain personal information in connection with an application for employment, complete the “Contact Us” form on the website, send us an e-mail address in a request for information, or when you otherwise share your information with us.
We may also collect your information if you contact us through our web forms, which may include your name, email address and telephone number; if you create an account on our website, which may include your username and password; or if you apply for a job through our website, which may include details from your job application.
By submitting a telephone number to us you agree that a representative of CDM Smith, or a third party on CDM Smith's behalf, can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our products and/or services.
Purposes and Legal Basis of Processing
CDM Smith processes personal information in the following ways:
As applicable, when we receive explicit consent to do so, we will process information voluntarily submitted to us to send you requested materials or provide information about our services. If you have requested to sign up for our newsletter, we may also use your personal information to provide information about services we think may be of interest to you.
If you are an EU resident, the legal basis for the processing of your personal data in these cases is Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
Users who wish to stop receiving these materials may unsubscribe by clicking on the link in those materials.
As applicable, when we receive your explicit consent to collect information via cookies, we also may use viewing data to analyze how visitors use the website in order to provide statistics and improve the experience of interacting with the website.
Disclosure, Sharing and Transfer of Your Information
We may disclose, share and transfer your information to the extent consistent with applicable law and in the following circumstances:
- With our Company affiliates and subsidiaries worldwide;
- With business partners and third-party business providers who use your personal information to provide services to us, such as companies that provide us career recruitment, technical support, data hosting, and services;
- As required by law or court order;
- In connection to a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or liquidation of CDM Smith;
- To auditors, contractors or other advisors auditing any of our business processes;
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information; and
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
Third Party Service Providers may also act on our behalf to collect and use data that assists in the hosting, maintenance, and improvement of this website. Service Providers are third-party entities that provide specific services (e.g., online job application intake) on behalf of CDM Smith and are contractually prohibited from using your personal information for any purposes other than to deliver the requested services to us.
CDM Smith requires Third Party Service Providers who process information on CDM Smith’s behalf to provide adequate safeguards for your personal information (e.g., restriction of their access, use and disclosure of personal information, solely to meet their contractual obligations in the performance of the specific functions described above). A copy of these safeguards may be made available by writing to us at the address provided in the Contact Us section below.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Information collected through this website will be retained for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Links to Other Websites and Third Parties
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We occasionally embed video content from websites such as YouTube or Storify, which may embed their own cookies from these websites. These Third-Party websites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. CDM Smith does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third-party website for more information about these.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser’s settings to disable cookies if you wish. However, disabling them could diminish the functionality of the website and negatively impact your experience with our website.
Most web browsers also allow you to set a ‘do not track’ signal visible to websites. Our Site will respond to these signals. To learn more about how to enable these signals, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) website. You can access the DAA’s universal, easy-to-use choice mechanisms available at both optout.aboutads.info and youradchoices.com/control.
For Google Analytics, as noted above, you can install an opt-out in your web browser.
There are also browser-specific do not track settings. For example:
Safari 13.1 or higher:
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Privacy.
- Select “Prevent cross-site tracking.”
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Cookies and other site data.
- Turn Send a “Do not track” request with your browsing traffic on or off.
- Click the menu button and select .
- Select the panel.
- Under Enhanced Tracking Protection, select the Custom radio button to choose what to block.
- Select the Cookies checkbox. Cross-site and social media trackers is the default setting.
- Close the about:preferencespage. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
We do not track users across time or across websites, and we do not use flash cookies.
We do not track users across time or across websites, and we do not use flash cookies.
Advertising and Marketing
When you visit or use our Service Providers’ sites, you may engage with cookies, plugins or similar technologies that are controlled by your privacy settings on those sites. Depending on your settings, our Service Providers may collect and share information with us, including when you view, like or share content/posts we have published on their platforms. We may also receive information about you when you use Service Provider features on partner sites (such as “Apply with LinkedIn,” which lets you pre-populate job applications with your profile data on job forums outside LinkedIn).
As a result of your settings, activity, and the personal and professional demographic data you include on the Service Providers’ sites, we may target advertisements about our services to you within their platforms and partner sites. We may also display interest-based ads, sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads, using information you make available to us when you interact with our site, content, or services and/or products.
To summarize the types of data we use when targeting ads, the following may be used separately or combined:
- Data about you that the Service Providers collect through their own pixels, ad tags, cookies and device identifiers;
- Data you give the Service Providers about yourself in your profile pages (e.g., name, company name, job title, industry);
- Data you give to CDM Smith through our opt-in marketing processes, such as when you fill out a form on our website to send us a contact message, subscribe to receive marketing email content, download white papers, or register for events that interest you; and,
- Similar data you give to CDM Smith via other marketing technologies (e.g., chat bots) we may use to help you find information on our website about industry hot topics or our services.
We do not sell or share your personal information for a commercial purpose with any third-party advertisers or ad networks. We promote our services to you and others who seek more information and have consented or opted in to receive it.
We use data, including your feedback, to conduct research and development for our services to provide you and others with a better, more intuitive, and personalized service experience.
CDM Smith takes reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect the security of Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. This includes policies that limit access, technical controls including firewalls, and other security measures. We also require our partners and Service Providers protect such information that we provide to them. Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our website, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
This website is intended to be used by adults and corporate entities interested in our solutions and services, and, as such we do not knowingly collect or store personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If at any time we are informed that a visitor under the age of 16 has submitted information to us through this website, we will endeavor to promptly delete the information.
By using our website, you affirm that you are at least 16 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on our website. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our website. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
Notice to Individuals located in the European Union of European Economic Area and Your rights in connection with your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, and as required by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Request correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information when there is no need for us continuing to process it or you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing, at any time.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information to suspend the processing, for example if you want us to verify its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, including to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance.
- Withdraw consent you have previously given to us for the processing of your personal data at any time, but without affecting the lawfulness of such processing of your personal data before the withdrawal.
- If you are located in the EU, you have the right to lodge a complaint with an EU Supervisory Authority. However, if you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal information, we encourage you to first contact us and we will reply on timely basis.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please submit your request to the contacts named in the Contact Information section of this Privacy Statement. Valid requests will be honored within 30 calendar days of request. This 30-day period may be extended for another two (2) months for complex requests with notification of the reasons for the extension to you.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances. In addition, there may be requests that we are unable to process because of other EU legal requirements. If a request is denied, we will notify you of the reason.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Due to changes in technology or legal requirements, we may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify you of changes by posting those changes on this page, or by other appropriate means.
We are committed to making sure that our website is accessible to everyone. To access this Privacy Statement in an alternative form, please email us at email@example.com . For more information, please see our Accessibility Statement.
If you have any questions, inquiries, individual rights requests or complaints, please contact us at:
75 State Street, Suite 701
Boston, MA 02109 USA
Attn: Privacy Office
For individuals in the following countries, inquiries or complaints may also be addressed to the following:
CDM Smith SE
CDM Smith Consult GmbH
Am Umweltpark 3-5
44793 Bochum, Germany
Attn: Data Privacy Office
Data Protection Officer in Germany:
Scheja und Partner Rechtsanwälte mbB
CDM Smith Ireland Ltd.
15 Wentworth, Eblana Villas
Dublin 2, D02 A6 11
Attn: Data Privacy Office
CDM Smith Sp. z o.o.
Al. Jerozolimskie 123a
02-017 Warsaw, Poland
Attn: Data Privacy Office
If you are located in the EU, you have the right to lodge a complaint with an EU Supervisory Authority. However, if you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal information, we request that you first contact us and we will reply on timely basis.
As it pertains to users of our websites located in the EU, the controller of your personal information is CDM Smith, Inc., 75 State Street, Suite 701, Boston, MA 02109 USA.