CDM Smith Supports Centro ESPIBI in the Aftermath of Hurricane Maria
San Juan, Puerto Rico – CDM Smith has selected Centro ESPIBI as one of the charities the firm will support, this quarter, thanks to employees participating in the firm’s wellness program. Luis Jimenez, CDM Smith’s Puerto Rico Area Manager, and Firas Makarem, Vice President, presented a check for $25,000 to this nonprofit organization at CDM Smith’s San Juan office on December 6, 2017. Centro ESPIBI is a school for children with special needs, located in Mayagüez on the western coast of Puerto Rico.
Centro ESPIBI was recently caught in the path of Hurricane María, resulting in substantial damage to the school’s grounds, furniture and equipment. CDM Smith’s donation will directly benefit students and allow the school to remain open—helping to provide speech and art therapy, sports equipment, and educational videos and games. CDM Smith’s partnership with Centro ESPIBI has lasted over ten years, resulting in many funds raised through various initiatives, including annual golf tournaments that also serve as opportunities for children to learn the sport.
The firm’s wellness program tracks and rewards employees, spouses and partners for healthy behaviors and accomplishments, with the overall goal of a healthier, more productive, happy and focused workforce. Employees participate in onsite biometric screenings, team challenges, races and exercise classes, and track behaviors that contribute to their overall wellbeing. The firm sets quarterly points goals for participants to strive for, resulting in charitable donations of up to $50,000 per quarter. In November 2017, Meals on Wheels America and Wounded Warriors Project also received donations of $12,500, each, in benefit of the firm’s wellness program. Employees appreciate the opportunity to play an active role in the firm’s commitment to social responsibility and health and humanitarian causes.CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service engineering and construction firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
- 2017 Q1 - EWB and Alzheimer’s Association
- 2017 Q2 - American Cancer Society, Make-A-Wish and SFH
- 2017 Q3 - Meals on Wheels and WWP
- 2017 Q3 - Centro ESPIBI in the Aftermath of Hurricane Maria
- 2017 Q4 - Jack McGovern Coats' Disease Foundation
- 2017 Q4 - One America Appeal
- 2018 Q1 - Tunnel to Towers and Janie's Fund
- 2018 Q2 - Bottom Line and Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- 2018 Q3 - Rosie's Place and AdoptAClassroom.org
- 2018 Q4 - Darkness to Light, Sacramento Splash and Powerhouse Science Center
- 2019 Q2 - United Way and 4 Paws for Ability
- 2019 Q4 - Family Promise, BlazeAid and BCA