CDM Smith Makes Charitable Donation to Engineers Without Borders and Alzheimer's Association through Company Wellness Program
BOSTON, Massachusetts – Steve Hickox, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of CDM Smith and Tim Wall, President and Chief Operating Officer presented checks for $25,000 each to Engineers Without Borders (EWB) and Alzheimer’s Association. Representatives from both organizations attended the check presentation ceremony at the firm’s Boston headquarters on May 8, 2017.
These donations were made possible by CDM Smith employees, spouses and partners who participate in the firm’s wellness program. The program − which focuses on both wellness and preventive care − tracks and rewards employees for healthy behaviors and accomplishments. Employees completed health risk assessments, received preventive care, participated in athletic events and exercise classes, managed their stress, practiced financial wellness and changed or tracked other behaviors that contribute to their overall wellbeing. Through these efforts, participants accumulated millions of points required to make these donations possible. The firm sets a quarterly points goal for participants to strive for, resulting in charitable donations such as these, which recognizes charities that reflect our emphasis on social responsibility and health related causes.
EWB-USA is a nonprofit humanitarian organization established to build a better world through engineering projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs and equip leaders to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. EWB-USA members work with local communities and NGOs in more than 42 developing countries around the world on projects such as water, renewable energy, sanitation and more.
Alzheimer’s Association – founded in 1980 – is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service engineering and construction firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
- Feeding America, NMSI, Nepal Book Drive and MISS Foundation
- AdoptAClassroom.org and HomeAid American
- Family Promise, BlazeAid and BCA
- United Way and 4 Paws for Ability
- Darkness to Light, Sacramento Splash and Powerhouse Science Center
- Rosie's Place and AdoptAClassroom.org
- Bottom Line and Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- Tunnel to Towers and Janie's Fund
- Jack McGovern Coats' Disease Foundation
- One America Appeal
- Centro ESPIBI in the Aftermath of Hurricane Maria
- Meals on Wheels and WWP
- American Cancer Society, Make-A-Wish and SFH
- EWB and Alzheimer’s Association
- Girls Garage and WSU Tech Foundation
- STEM for Her and National Kidney Donation Organization
- Hole in the Wall Gang Camp and UF Health Proton Therapy Institute