CDM Smith Donates to the Bottom Line and Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation Through Wellness Program
BOSTON – CDM Smith supported two charities this quarter with funds raised by participants in the firm’s employee wellness program. Representatives from the Bottom Line and Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation each received $25,000 from CDM Smith Chief Executive Officer Tim Wall and Chief Human Resources Officer Carlos Echalar on August 29, 2018, at CDM Smith’s world headquarters.
Bottom Line helps low-income and first-generation-to-college students get to and through college. The program builds strong connections with students, providing them with individual support, and ensuring they have the guidance they need to persist and earn a college degree. Students receive personalized one-on-one guidance and mentoring, and they are supported from senior year of high school through college for up to 6 years.
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. It was founded in 1967 by Irwin M. and Suzanne Rosenthal, William D. and Shelby Modell, and Henry D. Janowitz, M.D.
CDM Smith’s unique wellness program rewards employees, as well as their spouses and partners, for healthy behaviors across all pillars of wellness, with the overall goal of a healthier, more productive, happy and focused workforce. Employees participate in onsite biometric screenings, team challenges, races and exercise classes, and track behaviors that contribute to their overall wellbeing. The firm sets quarterly points goals for participants to strive for, resulting in charitable donations of up to $50,000 per quarter.
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service engineering and construction firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
- Feeding America, NMSI, Nepal Book Drive and MISS Foundation
- AdoptAClassroom.org and HomeAid American
- Family Promise, BlazeAid and BCA
- United Way and 4 Paws for Ability
- Darkness to Light, Sacramento Splash and Powerhouse Science Center
- Rosie's Place and AdoptAClassroom.org
- Bottom Line and Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- Tunnel to Towers and Janie's Fund
- Jack McGovern Coats' Disease Foundation
- One America Appeal
- Centro ESPIBI in the Aftermath of Hurricane Maria
- Meals on Wheels and WWP
- American Cancer Society, Make-A-Wish and SFH
- EWB and Alzheimer’s Association
- Girls Garage and WSU Tech Foundation
- STEM for Her and National Kidney Donation Organization
- Hole in the Wall Gang Camp and UF Health Proton Therapy Institute