BOSTON–CDM Smith is proud to have been the state’s only engineering and construction firm to be named a 2019 WorkWell Massachusetts Award Program winner for exemplary worksite health promotion. This award recognizes CDM Smith’s commitment to our employees in developing, implementing, and participating in health improvement and wellness programs.
CDM Smith’s wellness program, is an incentive-based, holistic program designed to engage participants to adopt and continue behaviors to improve their wellbeing. The award program’s criteria are based on the employers’ strategic planning and organizational support, program design and implementation, participant engagement, and measurements and evaluation. The Worksite Wellness Council of Massachusetts (WWCMA) awarded CDM Smith’s program for the following program features:
- Safety objectives are integrated into wellbeing, showing signs of the program’s maturity.
- Including opportunities for spouse participation is a great design component that can offer a positive impact on total population health.
- Holistic offerings support current industry best practice for total well-being.
- The program does a great job aligning wellness to the greater good via charitable donation.
Archana Kansagra, WWCMA Board Director and Awards & Recognition Committee Chair said, “Now in our fifth year, the WorkWell Massachusetts Awards acknowledge the impressive work underway by employers to improve the well-being and vitality of their employees. It’s a great honor to recognize this year’s winners, who are leading the way in their commitment to well-being and addressing all the dimensions of an individual - physical and mental health, social connectedness, community involvement and financial security.”
A unique feature of CDM Smith’s wellness program is a charity incentive, with employees voting on the charities to support in locations where they live and work. To date, CDM Smith has awarded $500,000 to charities, including the United Way of South Hampton Roads, 4 Paws for Ability, My Stuff Bags, and New England Center and Home for Veterans. Employees celebrate each quarter with a charity check presentation that is broadcast via Facebook Live so employees and others around the world can join in.
“We are honored for being recognized with an award from the Worksite Wellness Council of MA and know that the groundwork for success starts with employee wellbeing,” states Maria Mastrangelo, Director of Total Rewards at CDM Smith.
CDM Smith is a privately owned engineering and construction firm providing legendary client service and smart solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities. Passionate about our work and invested in each other, we are inspired to think and driven to solve the world's environmental and infrastructure challenges.
- AdoptAClassroom.org and HomeAid American
- Family Promise, BlazeAid and BCA
- United Way and 4 Paws for Ability
- Darkness to Light, Sacramento Splash and Powerhouse Science Center
- Rosie's Place and AdoptAClassroom.org
- Bottom Line and Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- Tunnel to Towers and Janie's Fund
- Jack McGovern Coats' Disease Foundation
- One America Appeal
- Centro ESPIBI in the Aftermath of Hurricane Maria
- Meals on Wheels and WWP
- American Cancer Society, Make-A-Wish and SFH
- EWB and Alzheimer’s Association