- 2020 Employer of the Year Award: Women in Transportation Seminar (WTS) Connecticut Chapter
- 2020 Employer of the Year Award: WTS Florida Capital Area Chapter
- 2020 Employer of the Year Award: WTS Kansas City Chapter
Building an Inclusive Environment
Our DE&I Philosophy
As a global company, CDM Smith values everyone’s voice, by creating a sense of inclusiveness; respecting the unique needs, viewpoints and potential of our employees; and providing continuous learning opportunities that empower all of us to be our best together as “One CDM Smith.” We will do this by:
- Embracing and growing from the diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and strengths of our employees
- Creating teams that reflect the areas we work and live and promote equitable solutions for our clients and communities
- Providing opportunities to maximize talents, skills and diversity within our workforce
- Demonstrating accountability and commitment to advancing our DE&I efforts
Industry-Leading Career Re-Entry Program
We believe that cultivating and supporting a diverse workforce means supporting people through their entire career. Career journeys are often not linear and have to ebb and flow with our life events and choices. That's why, at CDM Smith, we've established the Reboot Re-Entry Program to help professionals return work after taking 2 or more years off.
The 16-week program is a paid, full-time, temporary opportunity to help professionals train and rejoin peers in their field. CDM Smith now offers two tracks of the program: Reboot for STEM professionals and Reboot for U.S. veterans. We aim to help skilled professionals integrate into their civilian careers through the support of colleagues, managers, mentors and training programs. Why? Because a resume gap is not a reason to overlook talented people that can bring value to our teams.
Recruiting the Best
One of our major recruiting objectives is to ensure that our workforce reflects the communities we live in and serve. To accomplish this, we have developed partnerships with diverse student organization chapters and universities, such as the:
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University—a historically black college or university (HBCU)
- Society of Military Engineers (SAME)
CDM Smith recruiting staff at Georgia Tech!
Learning for Tomorrow
Through CDM Smith University, we offer a variety of virtual and instructor-led courses, including:
- Multi-Generational Team Management
- Diversity Recruiting
- Managing Diversity
We continue to review and update our course offerings to provide managers and employees with the tools necessary to support a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Meet the #CDMSmithCommunity
Our commitment to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment
CDM Smith is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and retaliation (victimization), and providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants in accordance with governing laws in the countries in which we operate. All employees will be treated with dignity and respect and receive fair and consistent treatment regardless of where they work.