Kate is a Project Environmental Scientist, holding a BSc (with Majors in environmental science, conservation and wildlife biology) and a Post-Graduate Certificate in Protected Area Administration.
She began working at CDM Smith Australia as a Graduate in 2019 and continues to expand her knowledge and expertise within the company. Kate’s experience includes bushland/wetland rehabilitation, wetland and water management, threatened species management, and mine closure.
Notably, her project involvement includes;
- The environmental impact assessment (EIA) of the Nelson Bay River Iron Ore Mine,
- Technical support concerning approvals issued under the EPBC Act for major Mid-west port and rail projects
- Technical licensing and approvals support for the Marda Gold Project for Ramelius Resources,
- Annual statutory environmental reporting for CRL’s Jack Hills Iron Ore Mine
- Preparation of a mine closure plan for the Blue Spec Gold-Antimony Mine
Kate is also involved in preparing an environmental bridging document for a Pilbara gas pipeline project.
I am excited to learn the intricacies of my field and develop effective environmental solutions.