Realization of construction projects: Environmental Construction Services
The four pillars of Environmental Construction Services
Protection of the waters
The Federal Water Act states the basis for the protection of waters and for the maintenance of watersides‘ functions. Groundwater protection is also covered by the protection of waters. In this context, we take care of the compliance with water protection relevant secondary regulations required to obtain approval by the local Water Authorities. We also assess the hydro-chemical evidence preservation of the purified site water.
The professional treatment of cultivable soils is a core task of soil conservation and therefore also an integral part of Environmental Construction Services with DIN standard 19639 (from 2019) as the fundamental basis. In this area of expertise, we take care of the development of soil protection concepts in coordination with the Soil Conservation Authorities. Our many certified experts in pedological construction monitoring are involved for the construction work, supervising the professional removal of cultivable soil while taking care of maintenance as well as expert re-installation.
As part of Environmental Construction Services, immission control has a prominent role as it not only focuses on the protection of the environment but also that of the general public. Here, our tasks include to ensure for all sorts of emmissions like dust, sound, light and vibration to not cause any harm to neighbouring areas and their inhabitants.
Conservation of the environment and wildlife
Nature and wildlife conservation is another pillar of Environmental Construction Services. If this is the project’s focal point we perform Ecological Construction Services. Acting as major contact for the Nature Conservation Authority key functions include in particular: supervision of protection and prevention measures, monitoring of site utilization, adherence to site borders, consideration of protected species on site, and consultant services regarding construction progress adjustments due to matters of nature protection law. In cases of environmental damage Ecological Construction Services provide procedures for damage limitation and initiate the preservation of evidence.
Ideally, Environmental Construction Services are involved together with the development of execution planning and specifications of the project. This way, approval requirements can be factored in before publishing the tender documents. This component is a vital contribution to the adherence to schedules and cost.“
Functions of Environmental Construction Services
Core tasks of Environmental Construction Services is technical as well as legal consulting service to the project members, including:
- Consulting and supervising for the project execution to be compliant with approval requirements and environmental legislation
- Prevention of damage to the environment and liability loss according to environmental damage legislation and further regulations
- Prevention of extra charges or time delay due to environmental legislation requirements
- Prevention of construction progress disruption by timely indication of deadlines, requirements and appropriate actions
- Preparation, supervision and wrap-up of the project by evidence preservation and documentation
- Further services like managerial authority in liability cases or communication with associations, owners and other stakeholders depending on project type and contractor